Sunday, January 29, 2012

Forget-me-not

For anyone who didn't have a chance to watch Elder Uchtdorf's talk this last Relief Society General Conference.  You must watch it.  It has been a huge inspiration to me and I was blessed to watch and read it many times preparing for my lesson this Sunday.  Here is the video.



Wow!  What a powerful message.  I don't usually like showing the video while we are learning about certain talks, but on this one I had to show that part at the end.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the building the night this was broadcast.  It is truly powerful.

I found as I was studying and preparing I would try to remember the five things that we weren't supposed to forget and would only remember about 2-3 of them.  And so I came up with and appropriate acronym to help myself.  Cap and Shawl.  Cap is for compassion and patience for ourselves.  I like that if we are having a bad day, or figuratively having a bad hair day, we can put on our Cap of compassion and patience for ourselves and be OK.  Also Cap is another word for the bonnets that the pioneers would put on to go and serve others compassionately.  We should learn to look at ourselves with as much patience.
S- in Shawl is for sacrifice.  We should make good sacrifices, the good for the better thing of eternal worth.
Ha- for happy.  I gave the sisters chocolate and asked them to really take the time to taste it and enjoy it.  Too often we move too fast and don't savour the moments and recognize that we are happy Right now, we don't Need anything else.
W- for the why of the gospel.  If we focus on why we are following, that this is the path to happiness and eternal life instead of just the drudgery, we can have the mundane sanctified.  We must keep our eyes up.
L- is for love.  The Father and His Son have soo soo much love for us.  They have not forgotten us.  He is aware of everything and loves us even so.  This is the quote that you must listen too even if you don't hear anything else.

I made handouts only because I felt they were crucial to having the sisters remember.  Here is a link to the blog, the front is page four, the back page one, but I put with the quote on  love and "You are not forgotten" on it.http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com/2011/09/forget-not.html

I laminated them, then punched a hole at the top and tied a string with a single forget-me-not bead tied to it.  The kids were a great help.

1 comment:

martha said...

Thanks for thinking about me. I don't have frequent access to facebook, so I'm sending you this message via your blog. How is your family? How is Izzy's therapy? If you want you can email me at marthaproctor@gmail.com

Followers

My Blog List

My Blog List