Friday, January 27, 2012

More strength

Isabelle is doing beautifully.  She has so much more strength and is sitting up much better.  We are not sure if there is something is particular causing this but we have several possibilities.

#1 She isn't seizing as much - She maxed out on her seizure medication in September, but was still having seizures almost every day.  On the advice of her neurologist we started her on high doses of B6 and after about 5-6 days we stopped seeing seizures.  This would mean that as far as we know she has been seizure free for three months now allowing more development to occur as seizures are exhausting and without them she can focus on others things.

#2 About a week before the change we started her on 800mcg of Folic acid a day. 

#3 About 2 months before we started being strict about no gluten.  This seems like a long time, but I've been told it usually takes this long or longer to see results if gluten is the problem.

#4 for Christmas she got Rody.  Rody is an inflatalbe horse used for therapy and she loves him.  Her favorite thing to do is to chew on his ears and so she will really work to stay up so that she can reach them to chomp.  Lately she is also enjoying rocking and even bouncing on him sometimes.

Some of the things that have changed are that she is now rolling onto her elbows and staying there for a while even sometimes reaching for toys in this position.  Yesterday she pushed up from her elbows onto her hands and even started pulling a leg up like she was going to crawl.  She fed her mama breakfast this morning, making sure I got the first spoonful and then trying to get some for herself.  A week or so ago I was rocking her on Rody and singing Old Mcdonald, then I stopped to talk to one of my other kids, she started rocking on her own and said to me E-I-E-I!

We are so excited for our little girl and hope to be able to help her continue regardless of the reason.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

I love reading/hearing about her accomplishments because they aren't readily seen by those of us on the outside. How exciting for her to be accomplishing so much!

Followers

My Blog List

My Blog List