For those of you that have never had linner you really must try it sometime! It is truly a wonderful thing. You see, there are two reasons that I don't go to restaurants often. To be honest the first reason is cost. Yes, it's nice to be waited upon and to have someone else do the cooking and the clean up, but I still can't use that to justify an expense that we don't need. The second thing is that restaurant food is fattening, and I always eat too much, because if I'm going to spend the money on a meal out, I'm not going to order something bland, or "diet friendly" after all, this is supposed to be enjoyable. So our family has found a way to combat both of these issues and go at a less busy time with no waiting to boot. Linner. It's similar to brunch, but Lunch and dinner combined instead. We go to the restaurant around 2:30 so that we can still order off the Lunch menu (in this case the cost was less then half of dinner prices). Then we eat to our hearts content knowing that the calories we are consuming will count for lunch and dinner, and sure enough, we aren't hungry for any dinner.
Today's lesson was about Faith. One of the main points was that you build faith by keeping the commandments. When you follow what the Lord has told us to do you can see by the results that it was right and you can trust Him. It's like following advice from someone. You don't know for sure if the person knows what they are talking about until you try it. In thinking about this I realized that through the years I have developed a strong testimony of the importance of getting married in the temple to the right person at the right time. It sounds so simple and it's amazing what a difference it has made in my life to do this so called simple thing. Of all the choices I have ever made in my life the number one best one was made fifteen years ago when I said yes to the love of my life, my companion, my rock and soft place to fall. Thank you sweetie for asking me.

1 comment:
We totally do linner too when we go to Golden Corral. We don't eat lunch, we go at 3:45, get lunch price, and get the dinner food when they bring it out at 4. I don't understand why more people don't do it.
Post a Comment