Sunday, February 23, 2014
Attitude
Life is full of decisions. Most of them are in our attitude. Some may say that why we do something doesn't matter as long as what we are doing is the right thing. But it matters to us and our well-being.
I am
I am a caring person. I love it when I have the opportunity to serve those around me.
Especially when I can include my children.
I am a mom. I Love to spend time with my children and live for those moments that they ask for my help.
I am intelligent. I love to read and discover.
I am fascinated by the world around me and hope to always be.
I am determined. I am diligent.
Even if something takes a long time I will stick to it and feel joy that I Can do it.
I am healthy. I prefer whole wheat. I don't eat until I'm stuffed. I love the feeling I get when my muscles are working hard. Vegetables and fruit are delicious and candy isn't all it's cut out to be.
This picture of me may not always be completely accurate. O.K., I'll admit it. Lately it has been very off the mark, but it is who I am. Deep inside, regardless of the stresses, laziness, and general tune out, this is who I am. I am not the actions and attitudes of the past, or even what may be in the future. I am this person right now, at this moment. Throughout this past week I have made the conscious effort to Be this woman, not just in my actions because that isn't the real me, but in my attitudes in my heart. And I have found something truly amazing. When I start feeling in a way that is inconsistent with who I am, if I remind myself this is what I want, this is who I am- it helps. It helps me to make the right decisions, and, it helps even more for me to enjoy the moments, the everyday things that I have been taking for granted without realizing it. It helps me to wake up! Smell the roses, they are all around me. Look around, stop staring at the ground in front of myself trying desperately not to trip, and missing all of the beauty and goodness in life. It helps me to live! To feel fully the pokes, the bruises, the breathe-taking vistas, the slow meandering roads, the beautiful trees and the cold prickles of the wind and WAKE UP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're always an inspiration, Julie. :) Thanks.
I've been doing a lot of reflecting recently about who I am. Mostly what I have found is a lot of contradictions. I'm good at those, as you might remember. I like how you put it, that your picture of who you are is real, regardless of momentary lapses or even longer ones. You've given me something to consider, thank you for your post. I love you Ju.
Post a Comment