My Mom and Dad and my brother Jake and his wife Milin went to Costa Rico. It is really a neat trip because my dad went there on his mission and has been wanting to go back for as long as I can remember. He got a phone call a couple years ago from Victoria. Victoria was a 27 year old (or so ) that my dad helped to teach and baptize all those millions of years ago (your welcome dad). She went to a lot of trouble to look him up, because she wanted him to know that she is still strong in the church and that hers sons and grandsons have served faithful missions and generally been doing well. Super awesome phone call. I can only imagine how he must have felt!
So, he told her he wanted to come and visit, fast forward to last week and they went down. We skype with them regularly and things seem to be going well, other then the heat (poor babies, they missed -2 degree weather and a huge snow storm up here which has proceeded to mostly melt so they won't even have the fun of driving in it when they get back).
The funnest part for us though is that we get to hang out with their kids while they are gone!
They are tons of fun. It has been much better then last time, because I am at my own house and have my own stuff, as well as my Hubby to help.
Tean has enjoyed traveling the world with us and getting ready for the Olympics! The first day we went to the USA and learned about the mechanics of airplanes. Then we built paper airplanes and tried them out (this activity continued all day and into the next). We then made cardboard box airplanes to take us to the other countries. This week we've been to Costa Rico, Japan, Kenya and Russia. We have had so much fun watching his enthusiasm and learning together. Noah especially has enjoyed the opportunity to make school especially fun.
Mosiah is a head strong young man, and as Alayna said it is a good thing that he is just So darn CUTE! The girls started out the week catering to his every whim, but that got old after a couple of days. They started to give him to me so that I could tell him no, and developed strategies to distract him and redirect his energy. I love watching his business. I was cracking up at church because Joseph A., Joseph D., Alayna, and I had talks and were a little pre-occupied Sunday morning, so we forgot to bring toys. I pulled out whatever I could find from the diaper bag and my purse. He spent a happy sunday school putting things into and taking them out of his shoes, hiding a little star pin under his clothes and finding it, and dropping a crayon and pen in between the space between the chairs and then getting down to get them until a well prepared mom came in during Relief Society and shared. Unfortunately, she shared her yogurt puffs too. Mosiah decided that he liked them better then what I had and kept asking for more, gobbling them down in no time flat and demanding more. Halfway through the container, she put them away, but Mo was having NONE of that! He had seen where she had put hem and when she didn't respond to his yelling and demanding he proceeded to pull down the bag and try to get into it himself. Needless to say, I decided it was a good time to go on a walk.
We sure do love living close enough to get to know these adorable little kiddos and are greatful to be able to spend time with them.
Monday, February 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment