Sunday, November 4, 2012

Wonderful progress

I am learning to take things day by day.  Sometimes I remember when I was young and an hour seemed like forever.  I see myself vividly, I can still feel the impatience and antsy energy of youth.  I remember knowing about a vacation months before we would take it and feeling like it would never really come- that life would just keep going on and on and we would never really get there.  I sympathized with Annie when she sang "Tomorrow is always a day away".

I mostly got over that as I grew older.  Now all I want is for time to slow down.  I want a break but the break is never long enough.  I need time to think and ponder to understand to breathe, but I feel like every moment is precious and when I take time away I get behind on what I should be doing.

Now I am learning patience all over again.  I am learning to see that things have been progressing, and to appreciate the jumps that happen sometimes, making a change from the seemingly slow snails pace they usually occur at.  I am learning to trust in the Lord's timing.  To know that when He says something is coming, it is.  To strive to move forward when it seems of no use, knowing that when the time is right He will make up the difference.

I am grateful to learn, grateful to grow.  Sometimes though, as my Evie says, I wish I could just wave a magic wand and *poof* know it all.

I have to get to bed.  I've already written about Isabelle's progress at her website Izysinchstones.org

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Boy, do I understand! Wishing you well!

Followers

My Blog List

My Blog List