What would it be like if every time you moved your head the tiniest bit the world started spinning?
What if you couldn't balance in a standing position and had to crawl?
What if even crawling you had to stop every couple of feet to rest your head against something solid?
Whirling, spinning, confused, unbelievable. You probably wouldn't believe it was real and occasionally move your head trying to convince yourself you were imagining it. I did. It was real.
After heroically feeding the baby, or helping my husband feed her, I clung to Joseph (who blessedly had the day off) and shoved my head hard against his shoulder while slowly inching to the car. I tried desperately to convince my brain that everything was in the same spot I left it. It didn't believe me.
I wasn't very nice to Joseph in the car. I know he was trying not to make it worse but sometimes the car had to turn the corner. I picked an urgent care based on the least amount of corners I had to turn to get there.
The doctor came in took a quick look in my ears and at my throat, decided that my head cold had nothing to do with my condition and started testing for a stroke. He lightly scratched both sides of my face and asked if they both felt the same. They didn't. Probably because for the past 2 hours I had been laying on one side of my face. Then he tried holding down one of my legs and had me try to lift it up. I couldn't very well, when he tried the other leg it was easy. Was he pushing different amounts? He said no. He gave me a prescription to go to the emergency room.
I wasn't happy. I was fairly certain that I hadn't had a stroke and emergency room visits aren't cheap. My father-in-law was in the area and he and my husband were able to give me a blessing. My mother-in-law went to be with the kids and just to be sure, (after Joseph ordered me not to talk about the cost anymore) we went to the hospital. They took me right back. When the doctor came in she said it was unlikely that I had had a stroke and looked carefully in my ears. After looking for a while she said I have a tear in one of my eardrums. I was downgraded to less important and it took us two more hours!! to get out of there.
So I am taking an anti-biotic and getting better everyday. Valium and Dramamine are sitting in the cupboard, but they knock me out, so I would rather not take them.
On the good side they have made my stuffy nose go away. So I guess I had a sinus infection?
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow!
What a scary experience!
I'm so glad that they figured out what was wrong and that you're doing better!
Post a Comment