I am trying to not be at my wits end. I want to just take everything as its comes and go with the flow. It is really hard. I finally decided that getting up between 1-4 AM to pump was no longer necessary. For a couple of nights I glorified in being able to sleep through. When my milk supply dropped by half I thought, well she is getting older we will just have to fill in with more other foods, but at least I can sleep.
Now it seems even that consolation is gone. I don't know if it is the combination of foods that I am giving her, or allergies, or bites, or constipation or illness or hormones or what! I feel certain for about ten minutes that it must be this only to see something that makes me think no it's probably something else. The problem is that she is so so sensitive that if she is too hot, too cold, itchy, uncomfortable or a hundred other things then she won't stay asleep. Add to that that she has some known hormone problems and I am constantly second guessing myself. If only the girl could talk!
The saddest part is that while she is awake she isn't happy she's tossing, turning and crying sometimes this sad "I'm so tired why can't I sleep" sort of whine and sometimes loud sobs. I look back at everything We've figured out and I'm glad, I just wish that I could figure things out a bit faster. Like now.
It would be different if she took a couple of hours to go to sleep. She is going All Night with only no sleep. Not every night, and sometimes she'll nap for an hour, but when 6 am rolls around and she's still not asleep. . . I start to despair.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment