Well I'm glad to see that my children have learned to share. I just wish that they wouldn't apply it to germs. It's really difficult when you have a larger family and you want them to all be friends when you have sick children. They normally spend all day at the least in the same room and many times within a foot or two of each other. I feel like a terrible mom as I say to the sick one, 'Don't get to close to anyone, sit over on the other couch while we read' or 'Why don't you read your book in the other room, or take a nap on your bed?' or even 'Sweetie, could you sit on the bean bag by yourself so that the rest of us can have room on the couch?'. I am also always reminding them to wash their hands and not to play with the baby. I stop them from doing helpful things like setting the table or dishing up food for their siblings.
I try to balance all of this out by giving them special privileges and cuddling with them one on one (and then changing my shirt and washing my hands before picking up the baby). But somehow it seems that it doesn't all balance out and I know the sick one feels like a pariah. This is why they will lay in the middle of the hall so I have to step over them to get anywhere. They want to be a part of everything in any way they can.
I'm extremely grateful when we get a quick recovery and pray for no one to be incubating.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment