Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween fun

Halloween this year was fun. Despite the fact that we didn't go trick or treating so that we could try and avoid most of the germs and sugar that weakens our immune systems (yes we are going overboard). For our first time dressing up our family was the rainbow. Izy was yellow, Noah was Orange sun man, Evie was Pink (ballet pink she'll tell you), Alayna was purple, Joseph was green, I was Red and Hubby was Blue (which he had to talk Noah out of). We went to the church party coming late and leaving early on purpose, but we still had fun.
The highlight of halloween though was our family halloween pary. We made witch rings (Fruit loops), Eyeballs (cooked carrots with cut olives stuck to them by cheese), monster fingernails (pumpkin seeds), vampire fangs with blood to dip them in (triangular apple pieces dipped in strawberries mixed in yogurt), and dinner in a pumpkin. We ate snacks and played balloon volleyball over the island. Then we made slime from cornstarch and water with blue food-coloring. We played a game where we split into teams to see who could bring the slime across the table in our hands to a bowl on the other side fastest. The team that emptied their bowl first won. The girls won volleyball and the boys won the slime contest. Then after eating dinner we had some candy and watched The Littlest Vampire. We all had a lot of fun and I'm not sure about the kids, but I enjoyed it more then the years that we trick or treated and nothing else.
I will post pictures sometime, but our camera broke and I can't get the pictures off my cell right now. (:

1 comment:

Anaise said...

What fun!

We miss you.

I can't wait to see your rainbow. :)

Followers

My Blog List

My Blog List