



The wonderful thing about childhood is freedom. Sometimes our kids don't think that they have this. After all they have chores, school, and parents that tell them what to do. Really, when you look at it objectively, I don't know it's that they have more free time, but the way that they use it is different-- O.K. they have more free time too (: but they use that free time with more abandon. They don't worry about wasting time, or being efficient, relaxing, or saving up strength. They have a freedom in their play that is beautiful to watch. A lack of pressure or worry that would be wonderful to emulate. That is why a child's laughter is so beautiful to us. It echos with joy and freedom. *Once they get past the "What should we do" phase of the day.*
We recently bought a trampoline and the kids have a lot of fun on it. They love to take turns bouncing high. We already have two girls whose backs hurt. So we are probably going to have to make visits to the chiropractor for them. All of the sudden the trampoline casts a lot more then I thought it would. ):
Joseph has a game that he has made up all the rules to. It is using a globe and they take turns conquering countries. I think maybe Risk is in order?
One of my greatest joys is that my children are such good friends with one another. They fight occasionally, but not very often and not very intense. They love each other and serve one another so beautifully. Alayna is almost as good as I am at getting Noah to do things, and Evelyn will sit for an hour entertaining Isabelle. They love to read to each other and play with each other and talk together. I want that closness to last into their teen years and through on up to when they are adults. What better thing is possible then close family friends?
1 comment:
Yeah--I agree. My girls are always off searching for a new friend when we go to the pool, but I've noticed that they're happiest when they're playing with each other . . . and though I never thought much about my siblings when I was at home with them, they are some of my very favorite people now.
Love Noah's big, cheesy grin in the picture with Izabelle--waaaay cute!
Post a Comment