Sunday, July 5, 2009

A blog back from the dead




So my dad told me that the best way for my Grandma to keep in touch and see pictures and such is on a blog. Guilt set in. I think the last time. . . Nope I don't remember. OK. I'll do it. Sundays are a great day for blogging then I don't have to feel guilty that I'm not doing school work.
I've decided this will count for family history for right now. (: So between that and keeping in touch with relatives I guess I feel less guilty spending the time then not.

Forget the third time. In our case the eighth time is the charm and Isabelle has finally gotten her MRI done. For those of you who don't know why she would need this expensive piece of medical science she had an abnormal CAT scan back in February
when we were trying to find out why she wasn't thriving. They found that she has a mid line problem. Her pituitary gland doesn't stimulate enough thyroid (which we found out is the baby growth hormone. Anyway the MRI gives more detail and should show if there are other problems. They were also looking for a submucousal cleft because she gets milk up her nose whenever she eats. We should get the results on Monday.
I have been able to get enough milk with five pumps per day and recently I have gone down to four. We will see how it goes, hopefully I won't have to go back up. Unfortunately, I found out I was doing the pumping thing all wrong to begin with. I didn't have any sort of plan I just pumped when I needed milk long enough to get what I needed. As a result I ended up with multiple really bad cases of mastitis. Then I got her off of finger feeding and back to the breast at 8 weeks. We were thrilled but we didn't know she had suction problems and wasn't able to get enough out. So we ended up in the hospital with failure to thrive. The hardest part was that I had been watching her and I knew she was getting some milk she just wasn't getting enough. That, plus the lack of thyroid, and getting sick made her loose weight instead of gaining. So while she was 8 lbs 4 oz at 2 months she was 7 lbs 11 oz at 4 months. Anywho, we are hopeful that we can find the reason for her low suction and hopefully fix it.
She is doing great she grows well when we can keep her from getting sick. That isn't easy with four loving and adoring older siblings. She also has low tone and so her milestones are a little behind, but she can roll over both ways and she is starting to be able to sit up for very short periods on her own.
Well, ta ta for now. We'll see if I can keep this up just on Sundays. (:

No comments:

Followers

My Blog List

My Blog List