Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!


Christmas was a lot of fun this year.  We slept until 7 am, which I was happy with.  The kids seem to get up just a little earlier every year.  The kids got a Wii and games this year.  We all enjoyed playing them together.  I have decided that the Wii is not to be played alone, you must have at least one other person playing with you.  I hope that this will keep it as something to bring our family together instead of pulling us apart in our free time.  I also hope that it serves as an incentive to help them want to finish chores and school quickly and not dawdle. 

My girls both wanted digital cameras, we didn’t have room in the Christmas budget, but we got them for them for their birthdays coming up in January and let them have them early to take pictures of Christmas and our vacation.  I will upload some of their photos soon.

We filled each others stockings again this year and we had fun doing it, like every year.  I love watching the kids faces as they pull out their gifts.  I especially love seeing the joy and love on one child’s face when they watch another child open the gift that they got for them.  This joy in giving has evidently become a big thing, this year for the first time the younger kids all used some of their own money to buy presents for their brother on his birthday.  Noah insisted that he wanted to buy him a basketball hoop and he didn’t want any help from mom or dad.  We finally found a small indoor one at Walmart for a dollar that he could afford.  Alayna and Evelyn pooled their money and bought him carving tools and carvers.

We hope that your Christmas was as merry and fun as ours!

1 comment:

martha said...

We got a Wii for Christmas too!! So fun! I rock the bowling!

Followers

My Blog List

My Blog List